1. Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
JSDA complies with applicable laws and regulations such as the ‘Act on the Protection of Personal Information’, and does its utmost to protect personal information, etc.
2. Purpose for Using Personal Information
In addition to the cases provided by laws and regulations, JSDA handles personal information within the scope required to achieve the following purposes;
- Self-regulatory services,
- Services to promote the financial instruments business and sound development of the financial instruments markets,
- Services as an accredited personal information protection organization,
- Services as an institution for managing unjust demands for information,
- Management of JSDA’s Board of Governors and other structures,
- Employment screening of employees and management of retirees.
3. Acquisition of Personal Information, etc.
- JSDA acquires personal information, etc. via appropriate means and within the scope necessary for achieving the aforementioned purposes of use.
- JSDA endeavors to publicize the purpose of use in advance, and in the case this purpose is unpublished, JSDA shall notify the person or publicize the purpose of use promptly after the acquisition of personal information.
4. Prohibition on the Acquisition, etc. of Sensitive Information
JSDA does not acquire, use or provide to third parties sensitive information except in certain cases such as those provided for by laws and regulations, etc.
5. Provision of Personal Data to a Third Party
JSDA does not provide personal data to a third party without the prior approval of the person except as provided for by laws and regulations, etc.
6. Joint Use of Personal Data
There are cases where JSDA jointly uses personal data with specified persons within the scope of the purpose of use. In the case of joint use, the personal data is handled in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations, etc.
7. Safety Control Measures for Personal Information, etc.
JSDA takes appropriate information security measures such as countermeasures against computer viruses and unauthorized access, and implements the necessary safety control measures corresponding to the risk to prevent the loss, leakage, destruction, and damage, etc. of personal information, etc.
8. Supervision of Executive Officers, Employees, and Entrusted Parties
JSDA ensures that JSDA’s executive officers and employees recognize the importance of protecting personal information and conducts the necessary and appropriate supervision to verify that personal information, etc. is safely managed.
In addition, where JSDA outsources the handling of personal information, etc., JSDA selects the entrusted parties appropriately and undertakes the necessary and appropriate supervision of the entrusted parties.
9. Disclosure, etc. of Retained Personal Data
JSDA endeavors to appropriately and promptly respond where a request is received from a person in accordance with the method prescribed by JSDA to disclose, correct, delete, or suspend the use, etc. of personal data retained by JSDA.
10. Handling of Individual Number and Specific Personal Information
JSDA does not acquire or use individual number and specific personal information except for the limited purposes described in laws and regulations. In addition, except in the limited cases described in laws and regulations, JSDA does not provide individual number or specified personal information to third parties.
11. Handling of Anonymously Processed Information, Pseudonymously Processed Information and Personally Referable Information
JSDA complies with related laws and regulations, etc. when JSDA handles anonymously processed information, pseudonymously processed information and personally referable information to a third party.
12. Framework, etc. for Protecting Personal Information, etc.
JSDA establishes a framework for protecting personal information including setting up a control division and assigning a responsible person in every division, sets rules with which executive officers and employees comply, and conducts appropriate training and capacity building activities for them. In addition, JSDA reviews its operation for the handling of personal information, etc. and endeavors to improve continuously.
13. Responding to Enquiries
JSDA strives to respond promptly and sincerely to questions and complaints, etc. concerning the handling of personal information, etc.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the following;
Contact Details for Enquiries:
Japan Securities Dealers Association
2-11-2, Nihombashi, Chuo-ku,
Tokyo 103-0027 JAPAN
Hours of Operation: 9am to 5pm
Excluding December 31 to January 3, weekends, and public holidays
Japan Securities Dealers Association
Date enacted: April 1, 2005
Last revised: April 1, 2022